It’s not the first time but for the third time, Irish band The Script, composed of Danny O’Donoghue (piano, vocals), Mark Sheehan (guitars, vocals) and Glen Power (drums, vocals) once again presented the Filipino fans with a one-of-a-kind concert and perhaps the best fan service that will forever be cherished and remembered.
As expected, The Script, never failed to amaze and impress Filipino fans with remarkable performances and surprises! The fans were already in high spirits even during the performances of their front acts Colton Avery and our very own Silent Sanctuary, who both performed four songs each.
The concert’s interactive set–up made fans hyped. As the group made its way on the stage, everyone at the Mall of Asia Arena went gaga and wild. Fans were already having a good time when The Script started performing “Paint the Town Green.” The band gave the Filipino fans the best, once-in-a-lifetime concert experience you could never imagine.
Aside from the band’s relatable songs, The Script made sure that each of their performances was worth every penny. The band also shared their humble beginnings, their hardest moments when they’re still a struggling band, and their happiest moments when they hit success globally.
The Script’s setlist boasts of a balance yet striking set of songs from their first album down to their latest release No Sound Without Silence. The band performed 18 songs that the crowd sang along at the top of their voices. While the band’s performance is the highlight of the tour, fans were also able to buy their favorite merchandise from the group. Shirts, tote bags, ballers, and rings were also sold at the venue.
Here are some of the highlights of the No Sound Without Silence Manila Tour that keeps people coming back for more like it’s their first time to see The Script in person.
- Frontman Danny, who seemed to be touched by the crowd’s response, took several selfie with lucky fans.
- Drummer Glen told the security at the venue to let the fans enjoy themselves. Security that time was very tight, asking fans not to go so near the stage.
- Danny called a fan’s ex-boyfriend and performed “Nothing” together with the crowd.
- The band performed a special version of their first chart-topper hit single “The Man Who Can’t Be Moved” at the center of MOA Arena where fans got the chance to shake hands with the group.
- Danny went out of his way to the lower box area of the arena while performing “You Won’t Feel A Thing.” Fans got the chance to have a face-to-face encounter with the frontman.
- “Superheroes,” “Man On A Wire,” “Nothing,” “Breakeven,” “Six Degrees of Separation,” “It’s Not Right For You” and “Hall of Fame” received the loudest cheers from the audience.
- The Script performed a four-song encore, including “The Energy Never Dies,” “For The First Time” and “No Good In Goodbye” to thank the crowd for their passionate and overwhelming response during the entire show.
The Script kicked-off their No Sound Without Silence Tour in Tokyo, Japan on January 16. The Philippines is their 5th of 9 stops in Asia. The tour has 57 dates in 154 days and will be held in 54 cities in 24 countries.
April 17, 2015 was indeed an epic night for Filipino fans.
Words by Francee Fernandez
Photographed by Joshua Garcia